Tuesday, September 04, 2007

August Wedding




Many visitors to Thailand don’t usually have the pleasure of attending a Thai wedding as they are usually fairly small and private affairs. However, I had the joy of being invited to attend my second one now. I invited Sarah to come along with me because she had expressed interest in attending one when I told her about the first wedding I went to back in December. The bride is another AUA teacher, Jaeng, with whom I took the trip to Sukhothai back in February. The groom’s name is Mats and he is from Sweden. Apparently they met while he was a student at AUA…just like Jackie and Guillaume, who are now in France – hmm, does anybody see a pattern here? Heh heh…

So this is one of those experiences where pictures are so much more effective than words. Besides, I think you need a break, considering my last entry! Sarah was gracious enough to be my co-pilot to capture the wedding on camera -- that means there were some good shots of me too!



The bouquet toss...and it's coming right towards me...





...the poor bouquet went through a bit of rough time:


The wedding implements:





Photos of me -- lots of them!! Does this make me vain? Well, a guy who wears pink should be indulged, I think!










Food. Yum:






Decorations:






People:







No comments: